Salmon enhance Halfords customer experience with new digital platform
Salmon teams have been pedaling fast to complete the latest overhaul to Halfords existing website, which marks the next phase in the leading retailer's strategy to drive growth online and to its portfolio of more than 460 stores nationwide.
The redesign further enhances the customer experience and has been deployed across the .com and .ie websites, plus mobile and tablet optimised sites, in less than six months.
Offering 30,000 product lines, the website holds Halfords' most comprehensive range, directs many customers into stores for service delivery and captures information used across the business.
Halfords Digital Director, Clive West said: Our new website represents a real commitment to Halfords online offer. More and more of our customers want to use the web as part of their purchasing trip with us. We've consulted extensively with them and believe the improvements we've made will increase the ease and enjoyment of shopping with Halfords.com.
Neil Stewart, CEO at Salmon said: "With a very tight deadline for this project, the Salmon and Halfords team have delivered a huge amount of work in a short space of time. This has only been possible due to our innovative ways of working and the team's commitment to delivering for the client. I am pleased to say that this has allowed us to deliver the new site on-time, on-budget and Halfords to achieve their business objectives."
So what's new, and leading to a much happier shopper experience?
Halfords.com now features:
- Inspirational visuals
- A no-fuss layout and easier navigation, simplified into four key pillars: Cycling; Motoring; SatNav and Audio; Camping and Touring, with a different shopping experience across all four
- A new streamlined checkout with fifty per cent less checkout steps
- Integration with Google Maps
- More products, less text and only the key features while shopping
- A much more friendly, engaging and informative "voice", reflected in text alerts and emails, 4,500 product description and 50 advice articles have been rewritten
- 170 product videos and 50 new How To videos have been added and optimised for tablet viewing
- Simplified the customer proposition so that ALL orders placed online for collection at one of Halfords stores can be paid for in-store, instead of only some of them, combining products which are stocked in-store with items coming from the distribution centre or courier deliveries
The full press release can be found here.
Some other interesting facts about Halfords:
Online Halfords product range is in total around three times larger than their superstores with around 10,000 product lines in stores, increasing to around 30,000 lines online.
Halfords latest Half Yearly Profits, show Pre-tax profits rose 5.2% to £44.6m for the six months to 27 September, with total sales up 7.7% to £490.6m. Online Retail revenues grew by 16.9% and represented 11.5% of total Retail sales (H1 FY13: 10.5%). A consistent 88% of online orders were collected in store during the period. More here