Q&A with Habitat's head of eCommerce, Jackie Bullock
Salmon has helped Habitat introduce a new e-commerce platform to allow the brand to evolve its online customer experience after reporting an increase of over 35% in traffic in the last year. The new responsive site has been built on Magento Enterprise Edition for a mobile audience in-mind as over 50% of online shoppers are using mobile and tablet devices to purchase from the brand.
Caroline Baldwin, at Essential Retail, spent 5 minutes catching up with Jackie Bullock to discuss the launch of the new website designed and developed by us!
Why did you choose Salmon?
Salmon were selected due to their extensive re-platform experience, offering a 360 team approach, and also their deep knowledge of Home Retail Group systems. Our project had considerable back-office complexity, including an SAP and new Datacash integration, and involved working collaboratively across many third parties.
Find the full Q&A here, including the answers to the following...
- Why are you upgrading your platform?
- Did you come across any problems upgrading?
- Why did you choose Salmon?
- What percentage of mobile shoppers did you have on the old site? And how quickly did it increase to 50%?
- Did you have it in time for Black Friday? What difference did it make?
- Why do you think customers are using mobile to access the site?
- What are you doing with personalisation?
- What are the biggest challenges you’re facing with digital at the moment?
- What keeps you up at night?