May 10, 2010
Salmon has been working with Barratts Priceless since 2008, implementing the underlying I.T. infrastructure and eCommerce solution to support their commerce and Multi Channel strategies.
Barratts Priceless have 200 stores on the high street and have a growing eCommerce proposition. They have two main websites in www.barratts.co.uk and www.pricelesshoes.co.uk, as well as 5 other niche websites:
Working with Salmon, Barratts Priceless have consolidated all of their customer-facing websites and eCommerce initiatives onto a single instance of IBM WebSphere Commerce, reducing maintenance costs and making it easier for the company to support their sites in the future.
So far the benefits have been huge;
- 250% growth year on year
- 3 to 4 percent of sales through “Shoefinder”
- 10% of sales as a result of the Reserve and Collect
- Sophisticated functionality for marketing campaigns
- Better merchandising, content and order management
- Common business processes, which are re-used across the business and at each point of interaction (store, contact centre, web, etc)
- Market leading eCommerce platform supporting multiple brands and websites
- Ability to invest in customisations that will differentiate the business
“From day one the relationship between Salmon and Barratts to deliver our MC strategy has been immense. Through the six month period of development, through every single project that we’ve progressed including Reserve & Collect, Bazaarvoice product reviews, from the technical expertise, to project management, through to expert analysts their development and expertise has been paramount.”
Ken Platt, Head of eCommerce and Customer Services
Since we launched the new eCommerce infrastructure and websites, we’ve helped Barratts Priceless trade the websites and grow their revenues online. In fact Barratts.co.uk have been shortlisted as finalists for the Drapers Footwear Etailer of the Year Award 2010.
We’ve also helped them introduce new channels to their customers for instance their iPhone strategy and mobile strategy generally.
Here are links to more eCommerce customer stories: