Salmon's eCommerce partner IBM announces the release of WebSphere Commerce Version 7.0, delivering a market-leading customer interaction platform
28 October 2009
Salmon's eCommerce partner IBM has announced the release of WebSphere Commerce Version 7.0, delivering a market-leading customer interaction platform, which enables companies to provide a rich, customer-centric experience across multiple channels and touchpoints. WebSphere Commerce Version 7.0 enhancements enable you to:
- Design and execute a differentiated brand experience by recognizing and responding to customer interactions across multiple channels and touch points
- Build a dialogue with the shopper by delivering contextual targeted marketing information to shoppers
- Support automated, one-to-one ongoing dialogs with shoppers based on preference, purchase history, and shopping behaviour
- Support mobile devices for browsing the catalog, receiving marketing messages, promotions, coupon codes, and completing transactions
- Integrate product review & ratings, blogs, photo galleries, and user profiles into your online store
- Provide rich, streamlined and B2C-like experience to B2B e-commerce sites
- Enable peak performance and process higher transaction volume while minimizing cost
- Reduce the cost of operation and deployment
- Accelerate the integration with e-commerce ecosystem
Key enhancements at a glance:
To help customers achieve the above benefits, WebSphere Commerce provides the following enhancements:
- Precision Marketing engine to capture customer triggers (e.g. abandoned shop cart, mobile interaction, social participation) across channels and respond with a wide range of actions (e.g. promotions, mobile coupons, loyalty rewards) that goes far beyond just the web.
- Dialog Activity Builder for business users to compose and execute automated one-to-one dialog with shoppers using triggers and actions.
- Automated, one-to-one ongoing interactions with shoppers based on preference, purchase history, and shopping behavior.
- Mobile store model optimized for smartphones including iPhone and Blackberry to provide end-to-end shopping flow including stock locator, store locator, and buy on mobile and pick up in-store.
- Support product ratings and reviews, blogs, photo galleries, and user profiles into the shopping flow by integrating with 3rd party vendors.
- New B2B Starter store leveraging Web 2.0 best practices to deliver rich experience, buyer-centric marketing and operational automation.
- Enhanced business user tools to create and manage dynamic customer segments and e-marketing spots.
- New data load tools allow for efficient loading for catalog, pricing, and inventory information.
- Web analytics integration framework for consistent integration with third-party web analytics vendors.
- Latest software stack of IBM WebSphere Application Server V7 and DB2 9.5 for improved performance.
- A set of standardized services to quickly and easily integrate WebSphere Commerce with existing back office infrastructure and 3rd party solutions.
If you need more information on Websphere Commerce contact us now, or make a Services Request. Our pedigree with WebSphere Commerce is clear. Our customers include Argos, Arcadia, Boots, Halfords, Homebase, Heuga, Regatta Ltd, Scotts of Stow and Barratts Priceless each of whom has chosen Salmon due to our eCommerce domain experience and technical expertise.