Salmon takes advantage of award winning
contact data management (CDM) solutions from Experian QAS
8 September 2009
Salmon, specialists in delivering eCommerce solutions, today announced their partnership with Experian QAS, an international provider of contact data management (CDM) solutions.
QAS Pro Web, the address verification tool, has been fully integrated into SAFE™ (Salmon’s Application Framework for eCommerce). SAFE™ is a fully developed, tested and pre-configured eCommerce solution which extends IBM’s WebSphere Commerce™ platform, enabling the rapid delivery of a production-ready enterprise class solution.
Salmon’s customers already benefitting from using QAS Pro Web include, Argos, Boots, Homebase, Barratt Priceless Ltd, Scotts & Co, Smartlandlord.co.uk and The Regatta Group.
Chris Bulmer, Group IT Director from The Regatta Group said: QAS Pro Web was seamlessly integrated with our websites catering for our UK and US customers whose online experience is key to our success. QAS address verification ensures the addresses our customers provide are correct and verified, saving our customers time, minimising undeliverable goods and customer complaints and reducing costs associated with deliveries to mistaken addresses.”
Neil Stewart, Commercial Director at Salmon said, “The partnership helps us deliver even greater value to our customers. As QAS Pro Web is now a pre-integrated component of SAFE™, we can provide our customers with an eCommerce solution that offers the best in address verification and ongoing data quality. Customers will benefit from being able to capture online customer information accurately, the first time, critical to providing a professional first impression of their website and ensuring the smooth, quick and accurate entry of customer details.”
From minimal information provided by the user, QAS Pro Web returns a complete and accurate address that has been validated and formatted against the relevant country data file. This offers the following benefits:
- Quick, accurate data capture, with search prompts to guide users through each stage of the process.
- Effective profiling with enhanced data. Contact data records are captured accurately, validated and consistently formatted, making database analysis simple, with reliable results. Valuable information can be added to residential and business records, allowing customers to effectively profile their database for future marketing activities.
- International datasets for 240 countries and territories worldwide are available.
- Speed of service - critical to online customers, ensuring their details are captured correctly and quickly first time round, increasing site conversions and reducing “drop-off” rates.
- Online customers receive a user-friendly and efficient first impression, inputting minimal information and ensuring they return to the website.
- Regular data updates ensure ongoing accuracy of data and support organisational decisions that are based on firm valuable information.
- Cost efficiencies are made as contact data is captured correctly first time round, saving money on wasted mailings to incorrect addresses and reducing volumes of returned mail.
SAFE™ (The Salmon Application Framework for eCommerce) is a series of pre-configured, reusable and customisable eCommerce components which combine with a mature eCommerce project delivery methodology. SAFE™ facilitates the rapid delivery of very sophisticated eCommerce solutions, significantly lowering the risks inherent in launching a new eCommerce capability, or replacing an existing eCommerce platform.
In the interests of customer choice and commercial flexibility, SAFE™ can be implemented in three ways: either as a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution, as a starter store with rich 'out-of-the-box' capabilities, or as a framework to support a fully bespoke and extended eCommerce implementation.
About Experian QAS
Experian QAS provides contact data management (CDM) software and services that help organisations drive value from their data. Every organisation stores contact information on its customers/citizens, prospects, suppliers and employees. Over 10,000 organisations worldwide choose Experian QAS products and services to manage the quality and accuracy of this data to improve business processing, financial performance, efficiency and the customer experience. The CDM capabilities include data auditing and standardisation, validation and cleaning, matching, suppression and enhancement. Specialist authentication solutions are also offered to meet the growing demand for electronic identity verification in the wake of rising ID-related crimes.
Award winning QAS solutions are a result of year-on-year investment in technology development since 1991, to ensure each solution delivers the highest level of functionality and service support.
QAS Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Experian, the global information services company. Visit Experian QAS on the web at http://www.qas.co.uk