Salmon support plans for Hotter Comfort Concept Shoes to double their online revenues. Salmon developed a new eCommerce website for Hotter Comfort Concept, a business which currently makes 1.3 million pairs of shoes per year in the UK.
Hotter needed a partner to help them meet their long-term eCommerce strategy and ambitious online growth target of 20% for the next year. They were looking for a solution that was quick to implement, that they could manage on a day to day basis themselves and offered sophisticated functionality for both the short and long term.
In 2009, Hotter selected Salmon to design, develop and integrate their new website using Salmon’s Application Framework for eCommerce (SAFE™), which extends IBM’s WebSphere Commerce product.
With their new platform in place Hotter have the flexibility to produce additional transactional, promotional and community websites or microsites simply and at low cost.
- Day one of the new site saw an average of 1000 visitors per hour between 8am – 8pm (almost four times the volume on the previous week – 260 per hour).
- In the first five full days of the website visitor figures were almost three times the 2008 level.
Visitors are spending 60% more time browsing the compared with the same period the year before.
- A flexible, contemporary branded design allows marketing teams to make changes using merchandising “hot spots” matching retail print and advertising campaigns.
- User Generated Content has been integrated and merchandising improved with PowerReviews, giving customers informative, trusted and personalised reviews on products.
- Integrated Google analytics, tracking visitors customer journey and interaction with the site, and laying foundation for increase conversion and loyalty.
"We now have an eCommerce platform in place which will scale to meet our growth objectives and which we can manage ourselves day to day. With the new website in place we are already benefitting from improved search engine rankings, an enhanced customer experience and more sales."
Marketing Director, Hotter Comfort Concept Shoes